Published on Tuesday, 23 April 2013 13:39
Establish and promote the national profile for nursing and midwifery informatics in Ireland. Through a process of restructuring strategically position HISINM group as an emerging national association for nursing and midwifery informatics in Ireland. HISINM welcomes all clinically focused practitioners including students, while the group is nurse led it is open to all clinicians.
To provide nursing and midwifery informatics leadership to all organisational bodies and services that nursing and midwifery engage to promote the health informatics agenda in Ireland.
To offer advice to and expertise on informatics to all organisations bodies or services that are engaged with health policy development in Ireland.
- To expand and broaden HISINM membership to include nursing and midwives who may not consider themselves as experts in the domain of informatics.
- To act as an advisory hub, professional network for nursing and midwifery practice development in areas that encompass a health informatics agenda.
- To proactively influence all organisations bodies or services that are engaged with health policy development in Ireland on matters relating to nursing and midwifery informatics.
- To develop a more focused and cohesive collaborative relationship with strategic national organisations and groups in Ireland.
- To provide guidance and support for education and training of nursing and midwifery informatics competencies in Ireland.
- To promote and publish nursing and midwifery informatics research in Ireland.