Published on Tuesday, 23 April 2013 15:54
- Membership is just €50 per year
- Become a member today for special offers for eHealth Week 2013
Get access to the latest eHealth news, academic research, international expert groups including IMIA and EFMI and unparalleled networking opportunities.
- To be recognised as a Healthcare Informatics Professional, with all that it entails, is a major objective of HISI. HISI is working with the British Computer Society (BCS) which has already achieved Chartered IT Professional (CITP) status for general membership.
- UK CHIP (Certified Health Informatics Practitioner) has established a relationship allowing I CHIP for Ireland to be pursued. Eurorec and the EC/US funded ARGOS project with an observatory on behalf of the EC and US Government is supporting this.
- Opportunity to join RAMI and ICS if meeting the criteria required.
- HISI maintains liaison with governmental bodies and agencies to promote Healthcare Informatics.
- Educational sessions by HISI, RAMI and the ICS are available to members to assist in career development.
- The Annual HISI conference and section meetings throughout the year are also available.
- The HIMSS, EFMI and IMIA conference and education sessions are also available to members, usually at preferential rates.
Research and Information Services
- HISI e-Newsletter is published twice a year – weekly and monthly updates on events and items of member interest are also circulated.
- Free access to reports in the HISI and ICS Informed research series.
- International newsletters from IMIA, ACI, HIMSS.
- The HISI website is updated throughout the year with appropriate information.
- Two annual bursaries, currently €2,000 each are available; see the Research Bursaries section for further details.
- A prize of €300 for the best paper at the Annual HISI Conference is also awarded.
- Support, as appropriate, to attend various national and international events are considered by the Executive as appropriate.
Networking Opportunities & Events
- Free or discounted entry to HISI and ICS lectures, workshops and conferences covering health, technical, management and personal development topics.
- Discounted entry to relevant events of affiliated societies and organisations.
- Regular member-only social events.
- HISI members can also stand for election to the Executive committee to direct the future of the organisation.
Exclusive HISI and ICS Member Offers.
- Discounted training: save up to 20% on a range of training courses from the ICS, see the ICS website for further details. You can also be put on a HISI and ICS mailing list to receive further update
Click here to become a member now for just €50